Strength By Design
April 20, 2014, 01:25:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We have MOVED! Join us now at LIFT.net

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Raw fertile eggs reduce myostatin

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raw fertile eggs reduce myostatin  (Read 332 times)
crusher777
Strongman Competitor
SBD Strength Verified

View Profile Email
« on: April 14, 2012, 04:06:15 pm »

http://www.monsterclients.com/ftpdrop/MYOT12/Myo-T12%20Abstracts.pdf

Interesting study.  Within 12 hours after consumption of raw fertile eggs myostatin was reduced by 47% and stayed low for 24 hours.  That could make a huge difference if you eat them every day.
Report Spam   Logged
Butosai

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 07:47:30 pm »

Very interesting! I haven't ate raw eggs in a long time because I used to do a dozen a day and that ended up making me sick. Might try them again and see what happens, although, these days I try and only eat foods from local farmers, and I'd be worried about eating raw foods from factory farms, but that's just me.
Report Spam   Logged
crusher777
Strongman Competitor
SBD Strength Verified

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 08:15:53 pm »

Very interesting! I haven't ate raw eggs in a long time because I used to do a dozen a day and that ended up making me sick. Might try them again and see what happens, although, these days I try and only eat foods from local farmers, and I'd be worried about eating raw foods from factory farms, but that's just me.

Just make sure they actually say fertile eggs on the container.  The follistatin is what reduces myostatin, and it is only found in large quantities in fertile eggs - especially the yolks.  Maybe you could find fertile eggs from local farmers?  Or at least organic or free range?
Report Spam   Logged
Butosai

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 09:20:43 am »

Just make sure they actually say fertile eggs on the container.  The follistatin is what reduces myostatin, and it is only found in large quantities in fertile eggs - especially the yolks.  Maybe you could find fertile eggs from local farmers?  Or at least organic or free range?

Oops, I missed the fertile part. I'm actually just reading the article now. I'm sure I could find some from local farmers if I asked, thanks for the info. Would be interesting to see what type of effect fresh fertile eggs would have on training.

EDIT: Also, this could be wrong, but it seems like eggs from local farmers have the chance of being more fertile than factory farm eggs? I don't know, never really thought about how fertile the eggs are before. Like I said, I'll ask.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:25:39 am by Butosai » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: